Speakers - Workshops - Quilt Shows - Calendar
The Program Chairs are Marietjie Engelbrecht and Anne Keilers
Prepare now for the November Miniature Quilt Guild Challenge! Scroll down this page to see all of the info.~
For a quick list of 2017 speakers click HERE.
September Speaker and Workshop:
Scott Flanagan from 4th and Main Designs will have a lecture on My Quilt Journey. His workshop the next day will be a Christmas Wall Hanging. The workshop will be held at Quilters Crossings, Tomball. Scott has a lot of designs in one of the local quilting magazine, Quiltmaker. He has made over 300 quilts and started a design company, “” in 2011. Please visit his website: www.facebook.com/4thandmaindesigns/
October Speaker and Workshop:
Mickey Depre is a quilt artist, teacher, lecture and author from Oak Lawn, IL. Her lecture will be “Me, Myself and I”. This sounds like another fun lecture. She will be teaching a hand sewing workshop, and the block is called: Lady of the Lake. This will be held at Quilt Works, Jones Rd.
Lady of the lake quilt block.
Together we tackle a block that would cause you to pause at your machine but will become your go to for de-stressing. Hand Piecing Rocks! Join me for a slow speed workshop covering the tips and tricks of this much-loved tradition. These versatile and complicated blocks become a joy to do when sewn by hand. Perfect points will happen! We will use traditional templates to cut out our shapes with hand scissors. This entire workshop is about easy peaceful quilting.
Miniature Quilt Guild Challenge at our November Guild meeting.
I invited every guild member to please participate in this challenge. Enter any miniature quilt and stand a change to win a price. If you want to and follow the quilt show rules, you can even enter your quilt into the quilt show next year.
Rules for the miniature quilt challenge
· 24” maximum on each side.
· Any technique can be use.
· It can be hand or machine quilted.
If you want to enter it later into our quilt show, remember that the binding must also be adjusted for the miniature quilt, with a label and a 2” sleeve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT
E-mail Marietjie Engelbrecht at email@example.com to get your name on the list. We will run a waiting list after the class is filled, so that if someone cancels, you might be the lucky next person on the list and get in the class.
Some basic rules for Workshops:
· All workshops must be prepaid by check, cash or Credit Card. If you don’t pay when signing up, your place in the workshop is not guarantee.
· All workshops are highly funded by the board and that’s why workshop fees are only $45, cash or check, or $46.50 with Credit card.
· No workshop is refundable, but if there is a waiting list, and we can fill your place, you can get a refund.
· No member is allowed to sell her place in a workshop to another member. If you can’t make it, you must contact the program chair. Only with the program chair permission you can make arrangements for the other member to replace you if there is no waiting list.
· Workshops starts at 9:30 sharp. Quilt shops will open at 9:00 to give you enough time to setup.
REMEMBER, your spot is not secure until payment of $45.00 is received!
Beginning September, 2016, non-members of the Tri-County Quilt Guild who attend a guild sponsored workshop will be charged an additional $10.00 above the regular work shop fee.
Mail a check as soon as you send that e-mail to:
15727 Gettsburg Dr., Tomball, TX 77377.
For more information on any of the upcoming speakers or workshops, please contact the Program Chair, Marietjie Engelbrecht
October 6-7 Cotton Patch Quilt Guild"A Harvest of Quilts"
Wesley United Methodist Church
5302 State Hwy 69S. Greenville Texas
For further information contact:
Helen Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Also Jane Martyn Wood at
Month at a Glance Calendar